Leveraging smart automation to revolutionize and supercharge shared service operations
With the escalating trends of technology, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) has proliferated like wildfire throughout enterprises and support services. While the potential for RPA is endless, but it’s not very easy to go about the implementation of a new technology with a solution-based approach.
In this blog by AICoreSpot, we are going to discuss “Intelligent Automation”. This blog posts consists of the excerpt from the webinar put forth by Siva Juturi, executive vice president sales of AutomationEdge, Cindy Pauls, director of shared services, Borden Dairy, Sanyog Chaudhary, Digital transformation head, Wipro.
In this webinar, speakers have spoken about when an enterprise or business expands with regards to scale, clients, and staff, there is a requirement for automation. Besides, Cindy Pauls, and Sanyog Chaudhary have provided information on how leveraging the AutomationEdge platform, their business was capable of scaling their shared service centre experience. Conventionally, shared services have been around for a decade, but however, the shared service was slow to take up the digital technology.
Going by McKinsey, <1/4 of shared services organizations had begin to develop digital capacities to enhance the internal process of their organization and develop innovative products like vague responsibilities, lack of concentration, and absence of data.
As an outcome, business leadership would have to develop a strategic roadmap and step-based approach in introducing these capacities in their businesses.
How is AutomationEdge revolutionizing the expansion of shared service operations?
AutomationEdge is AI-based unified enterprise automation platform that assists in scaling the business tycoons by furnishing automated robots.
It contains four aspects:
- To start with, are RPA software bots that emulate human activities for monotonous, tedious, and high-volume transaction activities. Secondly, there’s data migration capacity that has ETL, OCR functionality, and big data connector where we require immediate document scanning to go about automating. Thirdly, is the intelligence aspect, where robots are integrated with machine learning (ML), AI (Artificial intelligence), and enterprise chatbots so that the robots can influence judgements and undertake decisions for process execution. The final one is industry solutions where it furnishes ready adapter robots with regards to online boarding, multiple cloud compatibility, and smart automation for other IoT services.
Let’s observe the transformation growth of shared services through an instance:
- An industry leader, Borden, a dairy organization utilized the advantages of smart automation through AutomationEdge.
- The organization’s director of shared services Cindy Pauls spoke about how AutomationEdge has assisted them in the implementation of AI-based robots to smoothen their work operations.
- Also, the organization began with dual pilot robots to comprehend how these two function.
To do this, AutomationEdge first evaluated the several processes of the organization Borden and after testing chose some processes that were apt for automation. The processes that were viable for automation were Invoice Processing, Bank reconciliation, GL report processing, order processing, and message email box management.
By leveraging these robots in the shared services, the Borden dairy organization was capable of leveraging several advantages such as:
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Being compliant with governmental and industry regulatory standards
- Effectiveness, efficiency, precision, and quality of transacting with nil errors and risks
- Enhanced business flexibility by adapting to the evolving business requirements
- Time and expenditure savings on the order process by saving FTE
More importantly than anything, these robots took the load of monotonous activities and facilitated the operations team to concentrate on creative strategy with regards to the shared services. And there was some critical learning for Borden dairy, which were as follows:
- Small teams required more time to undertake processing with automation.
- There is a requirement to develop an independent profile for bots
- Retain the flexibility of robots as much as possible.
- Identify the correct process automation and leave out the complicated one.
- Adapt the alterations in a swift fashion and move forward when required.
By streamlining a variety of processes, the dairy enterprise Borden was capable of spending a significant amount of time streamlining the process of automation stages. Currently the organization is looking forward to the promotion of better skill utilization via RPA projects and looking into other spheres for utilizing automation programs.
Further, Sanyog Chaudary from Wipro has spoke about his automation journey with AutomationEdge. He spoke about the framework processes, automation of business processes, and stages to mitigate the hurdles faced during implementing.
From the viewpoint of supplemental technologies, Wipro begins its journey through simplified, digitalized processes which might be apt for automation. After the process is evaluated, the organization finalizes those avenues that can undergo direct automation by leveraging the AutomationEdge platform.
“It is critical to not miss out on the complicated process that might require extra modules like natural language prospective, optical character recognition, and smart automation perspective and Wipro does this for a bigger objective retaining in mind client experience, bigger revenue objectives, and immersive experiences for the client via the automation journey.
Here is the sequential RPA implementation strategy that is leveraged by Wipro utilizing AutomationEdge.
- Developing an inventory of all the processes SOPs and leveraging the current data for completing the missing gaps.
- Articulating regions for simplification and standardization and conducting variance analysis with an end result of the harmonized process.
- Level mapping for the chosen use cases and redevelopment of the process to a new automated process with prioritization
- Production of robots in an agile fashion with the robust evaluation procedures and 100% UAT prior to handover and user acceptance evaluation.
- Developing priority-wise support services for the production and smoothening out of operations.
Therefore, with AutomationEdge platform, Wipro has utilized all of the advantages of automation by leveraging a front office robot, staff on-boarding robot and business robot and Wipro is poised to go about implementing more automation in their pending projects for the future.
Most importantly, smart automation is the priority now for shared services for transformational growth. This standout technology facilitating business leadership to continue with regards to the enhancements in shared services which includes machine learning capable and AI-based robots.